Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A new goal for a new direction

So I've been feeling rather restless lately.  The deep down in your soul kind of restless.

Things have more or less settled down with work and in my personal life, but it's not boredom really.  It's more like a feeling that there is MORE out there.  More to get out of life or more to DO with my life.  Just hard to put into words.

I am tired of getting up every day and going to a job that is ok but not what I want to do every day.  Deep down, I have always felt this way about doing claims.  It can be mentally stimulating but it's stressful and, well, people can be ignorant.  There are times it is entertaining but many other times that it isn't. Not exactly how someone should spent upwards of 25 years of their life.  Yes, that long.

Then some things happened recently that got me all fired up.  Two, maybe three, separate people questioned me about why - WHY - I was "still single" or "not married".  One of the all time most hated questions to ask any single person.  Short of saying "what's it to you" there really is no answer that will satisfy most people.  And really, why should anyone have to justify anything some near stranger.

It got to me to thinking about things and before you knew it, I was thinking about writing a book.  Yes, a book.  There are far too many single people out there dealing with the "shame" being single.  As in "it's such a shame you are single" kind of shame.  And wouldn't you know?  Writing a book is on my bucket list so I am going to go for it.

That, my friends, is the new goal and new direction.  Not getting any younger and sometimes this girl needs a creative outlet.  What better way than to inspire other people who are single to accept it, embrace it, and love it!  At least I hope to be inspiring.

This is the beginning of my journey and I have to admit I have no idea what I'm doing.  I am equal parts thrilled, terrified and overwhelmed.  Hold on, this just might be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment